USB Receipt Printer Star Micronics – TSP143IIIU
A thermal invoice printer instantly prints a receipt for your customer when they purchase. One of the thermal invoice printers that you’ll usually find in tiny and moderate sized companies is the Star Micronics TSP143IIIU. It’s simple to configuration and also get going.
It’s resilient and it’s made by Star Micronics. Star Micronics is a credible manufacturer whom has been around for quite a while. Yet don’t simply go out and also buy a Star Micronics TSP143IIIU. You should ask yourself the concerns listed below.
- Exactly what is my POS or factor of sale system? If you utilize Square Repayments you’ll need an invoice printer that collaborates with Square.
- Do I intend to have the ability to relocate the receipt printer around a whole lot? If so, you could want an invoice printer with a cordless link.
- Just what is my budget?
- Do I want simple set up?
- Do I work inside your home or outdoors? If you’re outdoors you may want an extra sturdy invoice printer.
If you want to check out the supported receipt printers for Square Payments, here is a useful reference link.
|Device Name||Connection||Weight||Works With||Paper Type|
|Star Micronics TSP143IIILAN||Ethernet interface||3.7 pounds||Square and other providers||Thermal receipt|
|STAR MICRONICS TSP654IIBI||Bluetooth connection||3.8 pounds||Square and other providers||Thermal receipt|
|Kitchen Receipt Printer - SP742ML||Ethernet (LAN) interface||7 pounds||Square and other providers||"Square Kitchen Printer" It's an Impact Printer for Kitchens! It's a Kitchen printer|
|STAR MICRONICS SM-S230I||USB||7.7 ounces||Square and other providers||Thermal receipt|
|STAR MICRONICS SM-T300I||USB||2.5 pounds||Square and other providers||Thermal receipt|
Star Micronics TSP143IIIU
The Star Micronics TSP143IIIU works with Square Payments and other POS providers. Star Micronics is a well known supplier of thermal receipt printers. They make various versions. You connect to a Square iPad stand with a USB cable television. This invoice printer makes use of 80 mm size or 3 1/8 inch width thermal paper for the invoices. There is a roll of paper that ships with the invoice printer. A vehicle cutter device reduces the thermal receipt paper for you when you make a sale.
This is just one of the extra common thermal receipt printers used with Square Payments. It usually sets you back less compared to $200. It can be found in white and black color. It has an auto-cutter to cut thermal invoice paper for you. It uses thermal paper so you never should fill it with ink. It is generally easy to keep and add paper when you require it.
If you’re using Square Payments, you’ll likely want a Square Receipt Printer. This receipt printer works with Square iPad Stands.
You can also connect the Star Micronics TSP 143IIU Receipt printer to a cash drawer. The cash drawer will automatically open when you make a sale and print a receipt.
- USB only interface (cable included)
- Internal power supply (power cable included)
- Auto cutter
- Not compatible with Ethernet, LAN, Bluetooth or iPad
USB Connection is easy to setup.
Works with Square
Powers on and off with the POS computer
Generally less than $200 USD
No wireless connection
No Bluetooth connection
No ethernet connection
You can add your logo and text to your receipt. This is done with software that is included with the receipt printer. By adding your logo to your receipts you have a place to advertise your business. You can also put your phone number on your receipt or your website URL. This is a good thing to do if you're selling at a craft show, fair, farmers market and etc. The customer may not remember your name and may not go online to search for your website. But if you put your website on the receipt you have a better chance of the customers visiting your website to make a purchase.
- POS System
- Size and Weight
Everything we've read indicates that the device works with Square Payments. Businesses can add the receipt printer alongside the Square Stand. If you're using IOS or Android with Square you can use this receipt printer.
The USB connection is the only means to connect to the Square Stand or other POS system. There is no ethernet connection (local area network LAN cable). Nor is there a wireless connection.
|Max. Print Speed||250mm/sec.|
|Power Supply||Internal (EU and UK cables included). Energy Star Certified|
|Autocutter||Partial Cut (Guillotine)|
|Paper Width||80mm (58mm using paper guide)|
|Paper Thickness||0.053 – 0.085mm|
|Paper Roll Diameter||Up to 83mm|
|Print Width||72 mm (80 mm wide) 51 mm (58 mm wide)|
|Emulation||Star Graphic Mode|
Supports Star Line & ESC/POS™ Mode via futurePRNT software
|Sensors||Paper End, Cover Open|
|Interfaces and Connectivity||USB 2.0 plus direct & unique Data & simultaneous Charging|
connection to iPad / iPhone /iPod with Apple supplied lightning cable
|Eco Features||Top Margin 11mm|
Print on Demand (Windows); 25% & 50% Receipt Length Reduction /
Receipt Horizontal Compression 80mm width to 58mm (Windows)
|Drivers||Windows 7,8,10, OPOS, JavaPOS|
SDK Support for iOS, Android & Windows
Star IO SDK for iOS & Android CUPS Driver (Linux, MAC OS)
|futurePRNT Software||Enhanced Receipt Design tools for Windows|
that work above the retailer’s software. Sophisticated,
easy-to-use tools including Image Import Tool, Receipt
Pre-View Tool, Multiple Coupon Marketing & Text Triggered Tools,
Auto-Text Reversal Tool for vertical use, Journal & Multi-Copy
Tool can all be set up on one terminal and sent to all other
terminals across the estate via a .XML file removing the need to
configure each printer before installation, saving both time and money.
|Star Cloud Services||Digital Receipting – AllReceipts with Customer App (www.SMCS.io)|
Device Management Tool Provides real time status across the
installed base of printers with refreshed error status notification on
a comprehensive cloud based dashboard
Customer Satisfaction Survey included in App for instant feedback.
Engage Now Logo link to retailer URL to close communication loop
Receipt Flip (Receipt Reverse) Opportunity to upload 4 colour
promotion / terms & conditions to the customer’s smartphone
|Warranty||4 year Warranty including head and cutter (UK and mainland Europe)|
|Reliability||60 Million Lines / Autocutter 2 Million Cuts|
|Dimensions (W x D x H) mm Weight||142 (W) x 204 (D) x 132 (H) mm 1.68Kg|
|What’s included in the box||Printer, 1.8m Power Cable, Vertical Wall Mount Kit, Sample Paper Roll,|
58mm Paper Guide, Power Switch Cover, Set Up Instructions
1m USB Cable (Lightning cable supplied with Apple device)
|Options||Splash Proof Cover – SPC-T100 / 650|
Desk Boot – VS-T650 / 100 (desk boot)
Integrated Buzzer – BU01-24-A
Here is a great demonstration video by Star Micronics.
How to Setup Your Square Payments Receipt PrinterOnce you’ve bought your receipt printer, you need to set it up. Fortunately, this is pretty easy to do. You will need to follow some steps. Here are the steps that we’ve researched below. You’ll also want to look at your instruction manual that comes with your receipt printer.
How to set up your receipt printer
- Ensure that the printer is plugged into its electrical source.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable into Ethernet port. This is in the back of the printer, and plug the other end directly into the Wireless router.
- After confirming these two connections, turn on the printer.
- The printer will display a solid green LED light on the front panel. This means the printer has connectivity and is able to obtain an IP address from the Wireless router.
- Ensure that the printer is plugged into its electrical source.
- Be sure the printer and the iPad are connected to the same network. To confirm this or change your Wi-Fi network, go to the iPad’s Settings and tap “Wi-Fi” located in the left sidebar. Then select the network that the router is broadcasting and click “Connect”.
- Exit the Settings.
- Click on the Square Application and open it up.
- In the Square App, tap on the Admin Panel tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on “Settings” and then click on “Receipt” to see all the printers on the network.
- It will display either the name of your printer.
- Click the toggle button to the ON setting.
- Then tap “Print Test Receipt” to ensure the printer is fully functional.
- Once the Print Test Receipt has printed you have successfully setup your printer with Square.
We are in no way affiliated with Square, Inc. Square, the Square logo, Square Register, and Square Reader, are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square, Inc. iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc. iPod touch®, and iPhone® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. EPSON® is registered trademark. We are in no way affiliated with any of the brands or companies we mention in this website.